Tuesday 7 June 2022

FILM OPENING: VENDETTA

 *Insert film here


REBECCA TODD 1982

I worked with Matthew Sharpe 1975

Our brief was to make the titles and opening of a new fiction film, lasting a maximum of two minutes. We made a thriller/horror film opening, entitled Vendetta.


I took responsibility for the camera work, set design, directing and editing for all the scenes shot in House Number 2 (inside, where the killing takes place). 

I directed and filmed these scenes on my iPhone, as some of my family members played the characters.
I had to adjust the lighting to make it look the same as the exterior house (which is different), and make sure the 'set' was all clear and suitable for the scenes we were shooting. 

I edited my scenes of iMovie. One of the main challenges I found when editing was putting together several of the shots from different angles. We shot several of the same shots from different angles, which I kept switching between in the edit to keep the audience engaged. This was a challenge to make it all small, and make it look as one. 

Together with Matthew, we designed and made the Production Company logo BELVEDERE STUDIOS.

We used Photoshop to put this together, and after trying out different things we finally settled on a design which was both simple and sophisticated.


1 comment:

FILM OPENING: VENDETTA

 *Insert film here REBECCA TODD 1982 I worked with Matthew Sharpe 1975 Our brief was to make the titles and opening of a new fiction film, l...