Tuesday 2 November 2021

PLANNING: MY TARGET AUDIENCE & HOW I ENGAGED THEM

Over Half Term, I started following a Future Learn course called Distribution: Connecting Films with Audiences. I know that all products are targeted at specific audiences.

I needed to plan how to reach my target audience. I needed to know who they are, and factors that may be relevant including age, gender, and social class. It is also important to know what their media needs are,  so that I could produce a product that will interest them, and how to reach them to market my film. I will show how my research has shaped / influenced my planning. 

I created a survey which asks about peoples age, interests, and social media use to get a clearer idea of my target market and what films would interest the majority of people. I sent this to a range of people, and got a range of answers which was very useful.



AUDIENCE PROFILE COLLAGE



This is a mood board I created about what I think my target audience will be like. They will probably be teenagers, between the ages of 15 and 20. This mood board is predominantly girls, but I think we will have both genders interested. Our film would cover many genres, so it will appeal to lots of different teenagers with all different interests. It will be a thriller like James Bond, but also a romance like The Notebook.
I based my audience profile on the way big, popular brands identify their audiences. For example, I researched how Bauer Media - the biggest media company in the country - NME, and Sky defined audiences. This helped me profile my own audience.


1 comment:

  1. You have been following the FDA FutureLearn course on distribution and learned about how all products are targeted at specific audiences. In your subsequent audience research, you have investigated how professionals such as NME and Bauer Media profile audiences. You have created your own audience profile.

    ReplyDelete

FILM OPENING: VENDETTA

 *Insert film here REBECCA TODD 1982 I worked with Matthew Sharpe 1975 Our brief was to make the titles and opening of a new fiction film, l...