Wednesday 8 December 2021

REFLECTING ON OUR FILM OPENING

Towards the end of our film process, once we were editing our clips, we realised there were several errors made which needed to be fixed. Several shots were too different to each other, and because we had to keep it to 2 minutes our storyline became very unclear.

Our scenes with the killer in, were shot in two different places. Me and my team member filmed half of it each at our houses, and for my sections my dad played the killer. However, due to a lack of communication our killers wore different colours, making it very obvious there was more than one person as the killer character. We made sure our shots were relatively dark so both houses looked the same, but the costume was too obvious. To fix this, I reshot my scenes, and made sure my dad was in the same white shirt and tie as Matthew who also played the killer. On top of this, this time I took on the filming role as my sister acted as the victim. This gave me the freedom to film exactly how I wanted, including all different angles and precise shots. I created a detailed shot list before hand, so the filming was done more efficiently and we only got what was necessary.
  

Another error we made that had to be re shot is our opening scene, which was a news report. We got two of our school friends to be the newsreaders, but realised one of them were not playing the part how we wanted. Her tone was too upbeat and she looked too happy to be delivering the news of the death of a girl, so we re shot with just one newsreader. We changed the script slightly to make the entire storyline less confusing, and made the voiceover clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING: VENDETTA

 *Insert film here REBECCA TODD 1982 I worked with Matthew Sharpe 1975 Our brief was to make the titles and opening of a new fiction film, l...